The Geospatial Science and Technology A.A.S. program provides a cutting-edge technical foundation for students planning to enter the geospatial technology workforce immediately after graduation. Through real-world examples and hands-on activities in courses covering geographic information systems (GIS), cartography, remote sensing, and spatial data analysis, students will learn how to acquire geospatial information from a variety of sources and then interpret, use, and manage that data. Students will explore how industry uses unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) (sometimes referred to as drones) for data collection, analysis, and decision making. Students will also have the opportunity to connect with a robust team of industry leaders in a variety of disciplines for potential mentorships, internships, and job shadowing.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate fundamental concepts and practices of geographic information systems (GIS).
- Collect, manipulate, and manage data using industry-standard geospatial equipment, techniques, and methods.
- Perform spatial analysis on geographically referenced data.
- Create effective visual, tabular, and analytical products such as maps, graphs, charts, and animations.
- Apply geospatial science and technology to evaluate real-world problems.